Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer-smell

So I rode my bike home from working (and swimming!) today, and since the garage door was closed, I left it sitting outside. A little while ago I went out to bring it in, and was immersed in the smell of a warm summer night. You know what's funny? I have loads of memories of summer nights for my mind to pick from, but immediately upon recognizing the smell, it launched me into a parking lot, standing, talking after Compline. It was surprising to me how easily that particular memory slid back, and how distinctly I had associated the smell of a summer night (a smell that can apply to so many memories) with it.

Anywho. It was wonderful to be once again for a moment caught up in the remarkable calm and contentment of conversing warmly after prayer at the close of the day. Thank the Lord for the great blessings that those nights were, my fondness of which I had quite forgotten.

No comments: